Toilets: Malaysia Edition

It’s back to work for your restroom reporter, your comode correspondent, your porcelain pressman….

Now that we’ve covered toilets in the video, a side note about water. Karen and I have arrived at the “don’t drink the water” portion of our itinerary. Malaysia is pretty good about this- for example, using delivered ice in restaurants.

Happy to see this truck pull up

Gotta remember the rules: don’t run tap water over your toothbrush, don’t open your mouth during a shower, and definitely don’t refill that water bottle from the tap. And so, I have one word for you: plastics. Our only choice is to buy water in those wasteful plastic bottles- something we don’t do at home.

Whenever possible, we try to stop the madness: Karen boiled water in our Kuala Lumpur apartment, and our hosts in Penang had a water purifier. While preparing for the trip, we considered iodine tablets or a UV Steri-Pen but weren’t sure if they’d kill all the bugs we’re up against.

So, heading into Cambodia, we’ll be sticking with… plastics.

8 Responses to Toilets: Malaysia Edition

1. Laura says:

I enjoyed watching your post while eating my lunch! 🙂 Thank you for the laugh. Keep clean my friends!

2. Terri says:

Well, Ken and Karen, as you may remember, I have looooved all of your toilet videos, but this one is just the best. I appreciate all of the time and effort you put into this video – well done!! – and thanks! Travel safe and wash your hands a lot. And, don’t worry about the plastic – you can be green some other time. Right now we don’t want you to TURN green.

Thanks Terri. Healthy wishes are helpful. We both had a day of stomach issues, yet feel okay now. Don’t think it was anything too serious, perhaps some funky vegetables that were on my fish amok.

3. Jen Wilson says:

This was hilarious! Esp the heartfelt ending with dramatic music coming up, bringing a tear to the eye at the thought of quality life. Well done!

4. Margaret Trissel says:

LOL…mantra for the day….quality toilet, quality life!!! giggle…

5. Patrick and Molly says:

We love Ken’s Potty Show!